Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guadeloupe, St. Martin, and other Caribbean French Isles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Caribbean Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfcooper1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Guadeloupe, St. Martin, and other Caribbean French Isles Reply with quote

I am a US citizen and do not hold an EU passport. I would like to teach ESL in Guadeloupe or on another French Isle in the Caribbean. I understand the Netherland Antilles is a closed shop. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!!

John Cooper [email protected]
tom.svg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFCooper:

I�ve just joined this forum, so I�m not sure if you�re still looking into teaching in the French Caribbean. I spotted a TEFL vacancy at a school in St Barthelemy (also know as St Barths) about 2 months ago on the www.tefl.com website. They were looking for an American qualified EFL teacher (degree plus TEFL certificate) with French conversation skills. So, it's possible for Americans to find TEFL jobs in that part of the world.

Media Langues Caraibes (MLC) in Guadeloupe is a language school that offers French, Spanish, German, Italian and English lessons, so it might be worth contacting them. Check out the link below:
http://www.learn4good.com/great_schools/guadeloupe_caribbean_french_language_courses_tef_exam_programs.htm

Good luck with your search.
bronte

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who's interested in working in the French Caribbean should check out the Language Assistantship program. It's a program through the French government where you are placed in a public school as a "language assistant." The job title (when in the French Caribbean) means different things depending on where you're placed, but if you are in a primary school you're usually a classroom English teacher, and if you're in secondary school you do conversational English lessons with smaller groups of students.

I think you have to be under the age of 30, and have a basic command of the French language already, but the pay is good (at least in the Caribbean due to outrageous bonuses), and you only work 12 hours a week!

Check it out at: http://www.frenchculture.org/a_assistantship-program_195.cfm

I worked in Guadeloupe in a primary school for a year; PM me if you have any questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Caribbean Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: