Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EFL teachers in India : are you out there?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
medusa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: EFL teachers in India : are you out there? Reply with quote

Hello all,

I'm currently working in north India on an e-learning project with French clients. I was wondering how many efl teachers are in India at the moment, what are you doing? Which city are you based in?
Have you had any visa problems? and are you planning on staying longer or are you looking for new opportunities?

Happy to hear all experiences!
lady z

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Medusa,

I'm currently working living in New Delhi and working for a BPO (call center) as a manager/trainer, so I'm not teaching in the traditional sense. I plan to stay in India for at least another year. Luckily I have no visa issues because I have OCI status, (lifetime visa and working priveledges).

Cool
medusa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Lady Z,

Nice to hear from you, and thanks for replying. know exactly what you mean as a trainer in a BPO. In fact the process I work on teaches English to French kids via the net, so we work with a couple of BPO's too.

If I understand correctly youve got the PIO status then? It certainly makes life a lot easier! In fact, I'm considering moving on from my position soon, but due to visa issues it's been so complicated, which means that finding someone to replace me is going to be a real test! It would definately make it easier if there was someone who had a PIO card or equivalent. That's part of my reason for wanting to move on! too much hassle with paperwork!

Are you in Noida or Gurgeon? I often pop up to Delhi, in fact i'll be there next week for some business.... perhaps we could meet up for a chai?

Medusa
lady z

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medusa,

Sure, it would be lovely to meet up! I work in Gurgaon, but I live in S. Delhi. I'll PM you.
travelingirl68

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ladies,

I am working at Microsoft in Bangalore, but will be settling in Delhi in a few years and would like to start making contacts in the area. I have always preferred corporate training to traditional teaching, and love inter-cultural, management, and communication topics best. If you have any advice, I would gladly listen! Smile

Thanks!
medusa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi travelling girl!

Nice to "meet" you Very Happy
For links in the corporate world in Delhi, I think Lady Z is more tuned in than I am....
Noida and Gurgeon are where all of the action happens but I don't know many companies I'm afraid.
Delhi ESL Meet ups have begun though! SO if you are here on spec, let us know!
travelingirl68

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, nice to meet you too! Smile

I will probably be in Delhi sometime in January or February, I would love to meet for chai/coffee.
lady z

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi travelling girl!

Nice to meet you on Daves again, and great to know you're still in India. You gave me helpful and encouraging information a year ago when I began this journey, and I would be most happy to share any information/advice about living and working in Delhi.

In mid-Dec I'm going back to the States, but I'll be back to Delhi by mid-Jan. It would be great to meet for chai/coffee while you are here!

Very Happy
kishan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: hi lady z Reply with quote

Do you mind telling me what exactly do you teach as a Trainer? And what kind of degree or background should one have to work as a Trainer? Is the job interesting? I would like to know, hope you will help.
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> India All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: