Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a month in Sao Paulo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dove

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: a month in Sao Paulo Reply with quote

I have been in Sampa for a month, trying to survive teaching English. Key word is TRYING. It's not easy. I have a reason to be here because my partner is Brazilian and I am trying to get a residency permit. Otherwise, I don't think Brazil is a good country to teach English, especially if your goal is to save money. How can it be, when work permits for foreign teachers are rarely issued? Thank God I have money saved in the bank. The teaching jobs I have found are not well-paid and commuting adds up in this city. I have some private lessons, however, that pay more. I don't know how I would have managed without a Brazilian partner to help me. I doubt I could have found an apartment by myself. I doubt I could have even figured out how to get around on the buses without my partner's guidance. (But I'm getting the hang of the sprawl now).

I know that nothing I have written is new or hasn't been expressed on this forum before. I just wanted to get it out of my system.

On a positive note, let me say that I have met some of the friendliest people, I have eaten some of the most delicious food, and I have experienced some of the best night life EVER. I really hope I can make it work here. I AM trying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Brazil All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: