Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salary for Kyiv $1400

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james_tesol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Salary for Kyiv $1400 Reply with quote

Hi ..... this a question for the guys in Ukraine at the moment since i gather that accomodatin and genreral prices ate continually rising!

How does $1400 per month WITHOUT housing sound like for Kyiv?

I heard accomodation is probably about $500 in the city center? What kinda of living could i have on this? How does this compare to other salaries?

Many thanks,

James
canucktechie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very good. Most schools pay about $10/academic hour. Do the math.

No way are you going to get anything central for $500/month. That will get you something farther out not too far from a metro station. Kiev is not that big (well compared to Moscow Razz) so that's no too bad.
ockyocky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Living in KIev Reply with quote

I am in Kiev at the moment.
10 dollars per hour is about correct for most schools.
You are going to be lucky to find an apartment for less than 4 or 500 per month, nothing like that in the center. Look for near a Metro as the system here is good and cheap.
So that leaves with about 500 to live on, not much if you expect to go partying and eat out much at all. But most people live on that a month here as salary Smile)
jonpernick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: apartment price in Kyiv Reply with quote

Apartment prices in kyiv have been skyrocketing this past year. Prices for nice one room apartments exceed $600 per month. That said, there are always opportunities to find good deals but it takes searching.

Moving from the outskirts of Kyiv to the center prices will continue to rise. Another factor is proximity to a metro or convenient transportation. To secure a low apartment price it may be necessary to live in a location that would require use of the metro, buses, and feet.

To keep rent low it is best to take a roommate. Two-room apartment can be found for around $700 and up. Again... location, location, location.

Timing is key. Apartment rates drop during the summer months when students and residents flock from Kyiv. Come to Kyiv before August to get good rental rates. As soon as September arrives prices will skyrocket. Furthermore, supply is non existent and its troublesome - if not impossible - to find an apartment.

On a final note when using a real estate agent - which is common practice - there is a fee of 1/2 of a months rent. This is a standard fee unless you can find someone renting and you can negotiate directly.

I could continue to tell you more about apartments in Ukraine. Feel free to email me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: