Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Applying for Argentine residency

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sasha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Applying for Argentine residency Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I have an unusual question which I am hoping someone may know the answer to. I'm Australian and my wife is Argentine. We live in Sydney. She has received permanent residency for Australia.

Does anyone know if it is possible for me to receive perm residency in Argentina? We are thinking of living there for a year or so and I know it would be a great advantage if i could work legally.

Obviously I am going to contact the embassy and investigate this question through official channels. However, at this initial stage I am interested in learning if anyone else has been able to apply for residency through their Argie spouse.

Thanks for your help,

Sasha
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about residency. But this is just my guess, you would probably have to be physically present in Argentina in order to get residency.

For most countries, this usually takes quite a while, up to seven years. But, becuase you married a citizen, the time should be considerably less for you.

But, because your wife is a citizen, you might be able to gain work legally.
Marcethebest

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there, Very Happy
I think I can help you! My husband is american and he lives here with me! He got permanent residence, it took him almost a year to get it though Sad , he could get it because he married me , and we also had a baby born afterwards. You need to bring a birth certificate and a police record, everything with the Apostille of La Haya, consult the consulate or embassy there. Then you will need a police record from the police here, and a medical exam done (easy! don�t be worried about it, it�s not relevant and they won�t deny you!) My husband got it ! and he couldn�t believe it was going to be so easy.
I wish you the best and welcome to Argentina! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: