Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I never thought of teaching in S'pore.. until now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Singapore
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noelle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: I never thought of teaching in S'pore.. until now Reply with quote

Hi all

New to this particular forum.
I've taught in China, Korea and the U.S. I did an intensive TEFL certificate a few years ago but decided to "go pro" and invest in an M.A. in TESOL in the great state of California.

It wasn't one of those online 12 month courses either. I actually did it on campus full time and it took more than one year to be certain...

Now I've recently completed my M.A. and have been sifting through numerous EFL abroad opportunities. Naturally the Middle East seems to be the best place for professionals in the TESOL field as the M.E. is more discriminating in terms of qualifications than Asia or Latin America.

What kind of options would I have in Singapore? I have taught children but would rather not do it again. For the past two years I've been teaching high school and adult students and prefer to keep it that way.

Would it be worth my while to look into coming to Singapore? What I really want to do is teach more academic classes, ie: TOEFL and Cambridge.

Any help here would be much appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Singapore All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: