Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Term times and seasons in latin america

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fletcht100

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Term times and seasons in latin america Reply with quote

Hello,
my girlfriend and I plan to have completed our trinity tesol course by the end of april next year and travel out to latin america in early may. Ideally we'd like to spend about 6 months teaching in one of ecuador/peru/bolivia, followed by a month or two travelling in this region, then fly up to southern mexico/guatemala/honduras to teach for 6 months there.

my question is: how does this tie in with (a) term times and (b) the best times of year to visit these places weather-wise? I've heard that (a) is particularly important - that you stand a much better chance of finding work if you can arrive at the start of the school term/year. When do the terms run in these places, and how important is this? Also, are language schools willing to take people on for just a few months or are they looking for alonger commitment? Answers to these questions, and any other information you may think i should know, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom
Phil_b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Down South........ Reply with quote

In South America, at least Argentina,Brazil, Paraguay and Chile the term tends to start in March and last until December.... There's little work around in Jan/Feb, but it's the best time to start looking.... There is plenty of much better information than mine on this site (especially about mexico).... Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: