Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Georgia
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarcusK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seriously considering Georgia as a place to teach, but I'd really be curious to hear what experiences others who are there have had.

Has the recent change in government done much to affect daily life? Are the utilities as reliable (or unreliable) as they were previously? Does it feel more or less safe to be out around town? What about the economy? Is it as strong or weak as it was previously?

Although the transition in leadership seemed to be rather smooth, it's often the case that the same disgruntled masses that toppled the previous leader may again become disgruntled when they discover that the new leaders are unable to make improvements as fast had been promised.

Anthony's recommendation and comments seem to be fair and objective to me. I'm taking werkard's comments into consideration as well. It sounds like there was definitely a discrepancy between his expectations and what he found. That certainly could make for an unpleasant experience.

So? Does anyone else have any relevant comments or suggestions? I'd really like to hear from people who are currently there, or those who have been recently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: