Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Madrid job market & requirements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
broonie30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Madrid job market & requirements Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am thinking of coming to Spain in September to embark on a new teaching adventure. I have been teaching in South Korea and will have amassed 5 years experience by the time I leave.

With the state of the global economy and the battering that the euro has taken, what is the job market like these days? Are there plenty of jobs? Or is it really competitive? I have a 100 hour TEFL certicate and as I say 5 years experience teaching mainly students from 5-15 years old. Is this enough to land myself a job if I am there at the beginning of September? Or do I not stand a chance in Madrid?

I am a UK citizen and I am hoping to land a job before I get there. Again what are the chances? It would just be nice to know I have something to go to rather than cold calling with a lot of others.

A final question is, do we need to provide any further documents to language academies or anyone else, such as degrees or criminal record checks?

Sorry if these questions seem obvious but I have just started looking into teaching in Spain and any brutally honest advice is most appreciated!

Muchas Gracias
spiral78

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=95300&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

There is a lot of very useful information in this current thread.
broonie30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Spiral,
I haven't been on the Spian forum for a while and foolishly posted this without reading up on some of the latest threads. It is indeed a great thread with a lot of useful information.

Do you have any idea though if, as an EU national, we need to supply employers with any kind of criminal record check or copy of our qualifications?
Think I have been in Korea too long and have got this ingrained on my brain as a neccessity for any job I apply for!!

Thanks!
pr455

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broonie30 wrote:
Thanks Spiral,
I haven't been on the Spian forum for a while and foolishly posted this without reading up on some of the latest threads. It is indeed a great thread with a lot of useful information.

Do you have any idea though if, as an EU national, we need to supply employers with any kind of criminal record check or copy of our qualifications?
Think I have been in Korea too long and have got this ingrained on my brain as a neccessity for any job I apply for!!

Thanks!

Employers do want to see a copy of your qualificatons, such as the RSA, DELTA, CELTA, or TEFL. As far as the criminal record, I haven't heard of any academy asking for one at all and this has been my experience. Maybe someone else can chime in with what they have experienced.

Shawn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: