Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prescription drugs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miesk1ms

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Prescription drugs Reply with quote

Hi all!
Can/would anyone comment on the availability of prescription drugs in Qatar (things like insulin, diabetes, blood pressure meds, nothing experimental or anything)? I found a lot of information about the available medical services but haven't really found anything about obtaining Rx drugs. I would assume they are available but am not sure how they might compare pricewise to U.S. Can I have them shipped through the internet perhaps? Any info or places that someone can direct me to? THANK YOU in advance for your assistance. It is appreciated!
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Qatar is very different from the rest of the Gulf, you will find that your meds will be a fraction of the price and all you have to do is walk in and ask for them. Unless you take something very new and exotic, no one ships medication in to the Gulf, but I know many Americans that have friends ship meds back to the states for them. Laughing

I found most medications to be about 10% of the US price around the gulf (and they come from the same factories in most cases).

VS
mishmumkin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miesk1ms,

This would require a little bit of effort, but I would suggest just calling a couple pharamcies to get an idea. Also try this site:
http://www.qatarliving.com/forum
It should have a lot of residents on hand to field questions.

Check out this site, too:

http://www.justlanded.com/english/Qatar/Tools/Just-Landed-Guide/Health/Medicines
miesk1ms

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Thanks!!! Reply with quote

I'll check those out...I have been all over the web and on several Qatar sites, but that doesn't mean I've seen them all. Smile I appreciate it!
wilberforce

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost all drugs are available and some prescription drugs are actually available over the counter. Most doctors will give you a prescription if you ask for it, especially doctors at the American Hospital or Doha Clinic because they have their own drugstores.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: