Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Desperately trying to find a job in Southern Germany

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ms. Morrison

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Desperately trying to find a job in Southern Germany Reply with quote

I'm leaving my current job to go search for one in southern Germany. I've scanned as many online sites as I can find and am completely frustrated in the lack of jobs I see, despite claims that Germany has an ever increasing demand for English teachers. Am I looking for a job the wrong way? To make matters worse, I'm not an EU citizen. I need advice and direction. Help, please. I have a TESOL, two years of teaching experience and I'm working on getting a certificate in teaching business English. So how is it that finding a teaching job could prove to be so difficult. Someone point me in the right direction.
spiral78

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. European jobs are not typically found from abroad. You need to be here, on the ground, CV in hand, to get a hearing in most cases.

2. It's holiday time now until September. Even if you were here, you'd be hard-pressed to get much over the next eight weeks.
StralsundAmi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: bases Reply with quote

If you are an American citizen the best place to find work is at one of the army bases. There are several in Southern Germany, you get paid in dollars which may be seen as a negative considering the strength of the Euro but as an employee you have access to grocery stores and gasoline stations at about the US rate not the German prices. Check online for application process.
sarahchad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: work in Munich Reply with quote

Hi all,

My company is currently seeking a freelance teacher available to work one full day, weekly in a company in the Munich centre. Must have CELTA or equivalent and experience. Please reply if you or anyone you know is interested
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: