Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

English Language Club Bogota

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyreless

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: English Language Club Bogota Reply with quote

Happy New Year to all the local English Teacher and everybody else here in Bogot� and further afield.

My name is David Drews and I�m posting here for an English Language Club I want to set up here in Bogot�.
Though participation in the Club would be free of charge the project is not void of commercial considerations. These are:
-using the club as a recruiting platform for private students.
-offering participation in the club to existing private students as an opportunity to parctice English and achieve better learning reasults increasing student/customer satisfaction.
-providing a platform to try out new activities prior to using them in language schools and/or paying customers.
-provide language teachers with an opportunity to share experience, ideas and materials to improve performance and results.
-develop new materials by pooling resources.
-cut out the language schools and cancelling students.

The basic idea behind this is the observation that local language institutes don�t seem be willing to use the language learning benefits of social activities in the target language, instead there is a strong, often student-led focus on one-to-one classes which I personally find rather couterproductive. Instead of focusing on teacher induced learning I believe better results can be achieved by enabling the students to achieve learner induced learning and providing an environment in which this can be achieved. Get the idea?
Another benefit of this format would be that it would suit potential students who don�t want to go for a complete language course with coursebook, grammar etc but only want to have non-commital conversational practice. Though no money would be made of these I believe that a fair number of these could be recruited as paying customers and even if not they would still recommend us further.

Intrested ?

If yes contact me. I live in La Candelaria Calle 12, my cell number is 3017196753.
email: [email protected]

Hope to hear from you
David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: