Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to work...?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maelle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Where to work...? Reply with quote

After looking into the forums, I did not find too many people that were in the same boat as I am, and I'm also a bit confused since sometimes the answers are mixed. I'm also a bit afraid to ask the question as there is some terrible cattiness that went on, but we are not here to make nice, simply to gather (and share) information....right?Wink

Ok here goes.

I have French nationality thanks to my old man, but I've lived out of France most of my life. I came to Mexico to get a B.A in ESL, and now have that diploma. I also have 4 years of experience (yes, still a rookie) in teaching English.

My question is...for a 24 year old like myself, where would be the easiest place to start teaching? I am actually trying to stay away from big huge cities. I hear Rennes, Bordeaux, and Montpellier are good because they are full of things to do, but can't seem to find a site that tells me the best place to start off that isn't Paris. I really don't want to go to Paris though, as I don't like huge cities and Parisians are...hard to deal with. As well as the lifestyle.

Also...what kind of degree/diploma/certificate will I actually NEED to work there?

Ok that is my 5 chapter-long question. Rolling Eyes

Yes, I also speak French fluently, if that even matters.
bsjess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Try Grenoble Reply with quote

Hi there,
TESOL France has just opened up a branch in Grenoble. If you settle there, that would be the easiest way to get in touch with potential employers - via networking. Just an idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: