Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Berverly Hills International School

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SOBELLE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Berverly Hills International School Reply with quote

I finally made it to Egypt. Boy it's hot!!!!! In any case I have been sending my resume and letters of interest to most of the top schools unfortunately, they are staffed already but they are keeping me in their files in case of an unforeseen vacancy. I had an interview with the Beverly Hills School, they are offering me around 3,300 EL a month which I think is very low, as for my daughter they are offering only 10% reduced fee. Did anybody work for this school and what do you think of their offer? Thank you so much.
amainegypt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Beverly Hills International School Reply with quote

Hi,

I haven't heard of Bev. Hills, but I will search online and let you know what I find.

I have a request since you are already in Egypt. 1st, where are you working- what school? Second, I was hired to work for a company: American DC(Data Center) in Cairo, Nassr City. Do you know of them. There is a forum titled American Data Center and you can find my and other people's concerns there.

The major concern is that they are legitimate, and that they have reasonable accommodations. They promise a furnished 1Br apartment and living wage of 2000LE. I wish I was getting more Sad, but... If you could help or have any info I would appreciate. There contact is:

Fax : +202-22618256
Tel : +202-22618267
+20-16-2478667
3 Abdullah Al-Arabi St. (along Tayaran St.) Nasir City, Cairo

Thanks.
SOBELLE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your PM box I sent you a message. Thanks
mishmumkin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sobelle,

That neighbourhood of "Beverly Hills" is pretty new, so I suspect the school is, as well. These places pop up all over Cairo. They're businesses, so making money is a top priority. What kind of vibe did you get from the people you met there?

3300 is the going rate for a "local" hire. Since your spouse is Egyptian it drops the salary...such a shame, too, since you're a very qualified candidate. I would take it in a pinch, and continue to look elsewhere.
cseeley24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: stay away from bh Reply with quote

hi. i have known teachers at BH and they hated it. they don't care for the children at all, they only see $ signs on their foreheads. that salary is low in my opinion for even a local hire. Hayah would pay you better in katamaya. if you are looking in the 6th october area, try New Vision International school, it is new but this gives you room to experiment and make new policy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: