Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American University Bosnia and Herzegovina

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Macedonia and the Balkans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riccddem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: American University Bosnia and Herzegovina Reply with quote

Avoid this place at all costs as it is owned by a sociopath who has no regard for contracts, his responsibilities toward his students, or anything else for that matter. It is particularly bad in Tuzla which is a dump in the middle of nowhere. This place has been in business since 2005 and no instructor has remained for more than one semester. It seems that the owner regards students and teachers alike as potential fraud targets. It is a disorganized, chaotic mess where, no matter what, the instructor is the fall guy.
Behemoth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is astonishing that someone who worked here eighteen months alleges that no one stays longer than a semester. The current faculty is very content. We have a caring administration, excellent students, and good working conditions. Tuzla is a small, friendly town, with every amenity. It has good transportation to other Bosnian towns, and even international destinations.
Personally, I am very happy here, and look forward to a long stay.
riccddem

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: House Liar Reply with quote

If you believe the Behemoth post, undoubtedly organized by the two parts stupid one part crooked owner, then one presumes that you are investing in ocean front property in Arizona.
Behemoth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really are a vindictive, irrational person. AubiH has occasional glitches, but on the whole you would be astonished at how very nicely we are doing without you. Live long and prosper-spme place far away.
riccddem

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Owner Still Doesn't Get It Reply with quote

Anyone considering American University should quickly change their mind. I've followed progress at the university, and while there as been a little, thanks to an open letter addressed to the sudent body via email, the owner still thinks he can fraudulently market SUNY degrees to unsuspecting students from BiH. Little things like TOEFL scores of 550, that SUNY requires for graduation, are still ignored. It is also the case that he continues to market a SUNY degree in Intenational Law when no such program exists at SUNY. I could go on but I think you get the picture. Don't help this fool fool others.
Behemoth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not use the same language, but I concur, alas, with riccdem's opinion. This is not a University-it is a tool for extracting money from unsuspecting students who have been led to believe that a pulse and money qualify them for a degree.
Denis is a very hostile and irrational person-think Capitain Queeg-and the academic standards are nonexistent. I could give many examples of the egregious nature of this place, but I have moved on. Don't teach here if you have a shread of personal or academic integrity. It's a very sad farce.
riccddem

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: American University Bosnia Reply with quote

Anyone considering working for this very sad, distressing, and demeaning instutution should read what is said in the Chronicles of Higher Education forums before making a decision.
geomood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Not For Anyone American University Reply with quote

It is with reluctance that I'm posting here, but this is a very degrading place to work. I returned for a second semester only because the alternative would have been insolvency. Thankfully, I will not have to return for a second year. I left here physically ill, due to the malicious owner and others in the administration. It is particularly bad if you are required to live in Tuzla. Every member of the administration is dedicated to reporting everything you say and do to the owner. He is dimuntive, rotund, and has a deep seated inferiority complex. I think you can figure out what dealing with this individual would be like on a daily basis. Don't do this to yourself. Many people left after a semester, and some didn't wait that long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Macedonia and the Balkans All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: