Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sarasas Ektra in Bangkok?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrimaryTeacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: Sarasas Ektra in Bangkok? Reply with quote

Might I ask if anyone has any good or bad things to report about this school? I would deeply appreciate your responses.
hagakuri

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:07 am    Post subject: Sarasas Ektra Reply with quote

Hello,

Sarasas Ektra was the first of the Sarasas schools. It has one of the better reputations among the twenty-something schools there are now. It doesnt have the high staff turn-over as many of the other schools do. It also is small in comparission so there is still that more cozy feeling. Where the staff all know you, and you know all the rest of the staff.

I havent heard a bad thing come out of this particular school. One thing to be aware of is that I heard of recruiters saying that you will work at a particular school.... but be transferred to another.

So, if you are getting hired for Ektra - make sure that it is indeed Ektra.

One school I would advise against is Sarasas Bangbon. The school is full of administrative problems, teachers bailing at all times of the year, expansion that has no logistical planning behind it (common in thailand.) Oh, lets build another 6 story building to take in another 700 students. WHOOPS we dont have parking, or roads to handle the additional intake. Traffic? What is traffic? Hmmm we forgot now we need bigger kitchens to make lunches - but we dont have space. These types of things.

Ektra seems safe though from what I have heard.

Hope this helps.
PrimaryTeacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

I deeply appreciate your response concerning the school. I am talking directly to a representative of the school according to the e-mail address.
trakblue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Sarasas Reply with quote

I can't tell you about Ektra, but I can agree to avoid Bangbon if it comes to that. Yes, admin problems, building ghost buildings (one now stands empty, one 7-story nearing completion) and lots of money spent on pretty trees and landscaping (while the school has vey little supplies and resources.) And problems with the Ministries of Immigration and Education. Stay away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: