Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Health Insurance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeresaF

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Health Insurance Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

How does one go about getting health insurance while in Latin America (Costa Rica specifically)? As an American, would it be better for me to get a U.S.-based traveler's policy, if there is such a thing? Does anybody have recommendations about which companies are good and affordable?

I thought somebody would have addressed this issue somewhere on this board, but I couldn't find any such posts. Maybe EFLers in Latin America are just extra-healthy?

Thanks!
Teresa
Phil_b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent a year in Paraguay and bought travel insuarance from Endsleigh in the UK, which included the medical side of things... it cost about �400. the problem was that it wasn't recognised in PY, I'd have had to get to Rio or Bs.As. to claim.... also it was unlikely to pay out for anything other than State Hopitals, depending on the country that could be an issue.....

I reckon price-wise and insurance wise I'd have been better off buying Paraguayan cover, but I have no ideas of the technicalities of this, and it was the school I worked at the advised me to get it in the UK....

Strangely enough I was about to post asking about this one myself..... cheers, Tere....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: