Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tax Rates in Cambodia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
London Bridge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Tax Rates in Cambodia Reply with quote

What are the tax rates in Cambodia?

Thanks to anyone who can answer.
Elkythedogsperson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious why you're asking--are you looking to see how much you take home after your agreed upon wage?

I can only say from my one-year teaching in PP (with an employment-allowed visa supposedly checked by immigration and the school every three months or so) that I was paid bi-monthly in full in cash at the agreed upon wage (in 2006-7, US$10/classroom hour) and was not told that I had to report my income to Cambodia at all. If any income taxes were paid, they were paid by the school before it reached me.

My impression was as a foreign teacher you're not held too tightly. What they say they pay you, you receive. I probably will stand corrected whether this is the "legal" method, but that was my experience.
London Bridge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elkythedogsperson wrote:
I am curious why you're asking--are you looking to see how much you take home after your agreed upon wage?

Fair question, Elky.

Someone teaching there told me there was a "new tax law."

I am curious if this new applicant to our school is just using this "new tax" law - if there is one, as an excuse to get out, and our school is wondering if there is another reason for this applicant leaving Cambodia.
PattyFlipper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just left Cambodia, but I understand that the tax authorities are now requiring that employers deduct personal income tax from the salaries of their employees. Previously this was usually paid by the employer, if it was collected at all, and was subject to severe under-declaration and under-the-table pay offs to the tax collectors. International aid agencies have recently insisted that all future financial assistance is contingent upon the collection of taxes according to the fiscal codes and with appropriate accountability - hence the recent change in policy. I do know that a number of expats are now being taxed on their salaries whereas previously they were not. I have no idea what the rates are though.
khmerhit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cambodia. try it and see Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: