Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Same scam ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inmexico

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Same scam ??? Reply with quote

I just noticed a previous post about sefcodys...The questions I asked the forum in "Nigeria-Lagos" seem to have been answered. I t seems that there is yet another scam circulating, but this time it is Krisland College. my natural skeptism has kept me from doing anything rash. This schoolhas promised return airfare (up front), accomodation, and 40.00US per hour...25 hours per week.
Sounds pretty good to teach senior level English (lit) but they want 300.00USD via Western Union for "processing and visa fees" before they send the tickets etc. I checked with the Canadian branch of the Nigerian High Council and wouldn't you know it- it only costs 165.00 CAD for the same permits.
I don't think that the posters on the forum should criticize folks for falling for some of these scams....after all, this particular "college" has an impresive website....and all the forwarded documents are basically the same as the consul distributes. it all looks very official.
John

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Krisland College is another scam Reply with quote

The advert they are posting on various free recruitment sites on the web seems to have been cribbed in large part from the website of Eckerd College, St Petersburg, Florida. Perhaps you could post the URL for Krisland College as it doesn't come up in any web search I have done. I suspect that it will resemble this in many ways. If so then send an email to [email protected] and they will no doubt find a few influential ears to whisper in and get this stopped.
inmexico

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. John. The website for Krisland is www.krisland.8k.com
John

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He obviously practiced his web design here and here.

This search at Google lists a few other scams he seems to be running at the same time. Malaysian Homeopathic practitioners are obviously seen as more profitable than English teachers.
Ebenezer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never ever send money upfront, not in a million years, if someone asks for money beforehand I immediately realise there's something wrong about it! Don't send money to anyone!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: