Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Algonquin College Kuwait -- Anyone hired?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeacherNan

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:20 am    Post subject: Algonquin College Kuwait -- Anyone hired? Reply with quote

Hi.
Has anyone interviewed for the new Algonquin College campus in Kuwait? I was interviewed last year and was made a tentative offer. Since then the opening has been delayed twice, and is now slated for September. When I was notified of the last delay, I was asked if I was still interested in the position for September, 2015. I answered yes, and was told that I would hear in March 2015. I waited until April to contact them, and two emails and two phone calls later I finally managed to make contact with the person I had been dealing with way back in 2014. They are no longer in the position, but (finally) passed on to the person now doing the job that I had been shortlisted, and I am wondering what is happening with my application. Email received back from this person saying that no more hiring decisions are being made until mid June.

I'm still wondering if I have a job for September with Algonquin. Is it even worth bothering about if this is the way they treat you before you even see the offer? Anyone else had a similar, better, or worse experience with this college?
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very common EFL trend these days in the Gulf and elsewhere......look for another job.....one cannot wait for a job in Q Wait forever especially if one is low on savings....Milton "Most Men Lives Of Quiet Desperation". Shocked Shocked
CVN-76

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EFL Educator wrote:
....look for another job.....

Sometimes, we wait for these jobs longer than they actually last us one time we're on the ground doing them. I know I'm guilty of that, the waiting around because I'm a courteous guy. But no more. I'll wait very little now, as the employers will rarely give us that kind of courtesy. Give them the back-burner pass, move on, and come back to them later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: