Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Al Bashaer International Schools

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saudimad

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Al Bashaer International Schools Reply with quote

Dear All

Does anyone have any info about Al Bashaer International Schools? positives and negatives?
stoth1972

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband (Egyptian) taught PE at this school after graduation. The owners are very religious, and my husband said even non-Muslim female teachers had to veil. He described the owner as quite controlling and meddling. I noticed that the package they're offering is quite decent. I've never actually known any expat teachers there. I wondered if they might appeal to western converts to Islam. The school was expanding, and I believe moving into an area called Zahra el maadi. I would imagine the accommodation is in this area, as well. Perhaps not the "Maadi" that many foreigners are attracted to, but the buildings should be newer.
cseeley24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: bashaer: run away Reply with quote

i worked at bashaer my first year in egypt. it is the worst place that i ever worked at. there were 5 of us at the school who were there as foreigners and we all hated it. the pay was extremely low,even though we were all qualified, and it was never paid on time- we were always told 'bokra insha'allah'(tomorrow god willing). sometimes we would not receive our pay until the 8th of the month. the owner is a very unproffessional man who knows nothing about education and only cares about deducting from salaries for anything. at the end of the year, all of us were given our first evaluations from our headmistress- who by the way never even stepped foot out of her office unless it was time to go home- and they were all good. the owner, though, came and told us all that were terrible teachers and did not deserve to get our airfare reimbursed as stated in our contracts.
if you are considering this school, run away, quick, or you will surely regret it!!!! Twisted Evil
sarahkhaled

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,
I have been working at Al_ Bashaer for seven years so far, and based on personal experience I would like to clarify some misconceptions. We are all paid by the first of each month, I only recall one incedent in seven years that we were paid by the third because of some banking procedures. When I had my first child , I was promptly reimbursed the hospital's bill . I constantly get a fair annual increase according to performance and this raise varries from 7 to 15 %. As for my supervisors they carry out their jobs with due deligence , we constantly have meetings and they pay me class visits and provide constructive feedback afterwards.
Regarding the chairperson or the owner , I would like to point out that for seven years he has never meddled into any of my teaching practices nor attended single lesson unless invited. He is a very curteous , religious man and he would do what ever it takes for the sake and best interset of our students.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... post one. As always, it is prudent to be a bit leery of people who join just to praise after another has panned. Stoth1972 is a long term dependable poster here, so I would put the most weight on her entry... with the other two posts rather canceling each other out. Laughing

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: