Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cost of Living in Cali?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
afansenil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Cost of Living in Cali? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me how much money I need to live decently in Cali? I teach English (duh..) but do so on line so I'm not really looking for a job, just an idea on how much a 1 or 2 bdrm apartment would cost me in Cali. Not the most expensive part, but the middle class part (if such a place even exists... I really have no idea, I hope I'm not saying sth stupid).

Second. How much does internet cost? Here, in Buenos Aires I can get 3M for about 35 USD, pretty good, but I know that in Paraguay 2M (the fastest they have) costs a whopping 160USD a month. What about in Cali?

THanks you guys for any info you can give me!

N
Hyper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: RE: Cost of Living in Cali? Reply with quote

this really depends on where you want to live. i would suggest you aim to look for a place in san antonio. sure it has the most gringos, but also has a very cool vibe and is very central. an apartment can cost from COP$200,000 (see www.xe.com/ucc for conversion) to ???

I would also look into sharing in the aforementioned san antonio.

as for the net, all the major shopping centres have free wireless, so as long as you can transport your computer to one (make sure you carry it in a backpack, NOT in a computer bag), it's easy to access the net.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: