Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ARAMCO thru SRACO
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cptgulliver

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: ARAMCO thru SRACO Reply with quote

I first answered an ad to work with ARAMCO back in October of 2008. It was with an angecy called SRACO. I went to the interveiw in London and was greeted by another agency. I was in communications with them about paper work and they kept demanding all these deadlines. I was told everything should be in by December to go in January. January turned into February, February into March, March into April, April into May, May into etc...After nine months of waiting and still they are saying wait, wait, wait. Wait for what? I do not know any job that takes 3/4th of a year to start after you have been offered the job. Is this cause for concern? Is there anyone out there that knows about SRACO? What is the skinny and will I ever be reimbursed by these people?
Never Ceased To Be Amazed

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: ARAMCO thru SRACO Reply with quote

cptgulliver wrote:
...they are saying wait, wait, wait. Wait for what?

Until the last possible cup of tea has been consumed at the last possible moment...

NCTBA
cptgulliver

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: swat valley Reply with quote

and then what? and what's the swat valley all about?
scot47

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are giving you the chance to draw your own conclusions. Why work for an outfit like this ? Incidentally at our place these guys employ the cleaning staff.

Choose your employer carefully. Avoid these people.
Never Ceased To Be Amazed

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: swat valley Reply with quote

cptgulliver wrote:
and then what?

Wow, you are a real newbie to the Gulf's way of doing things. Shocked The answer to your question is: "Whatever the heck they want to do!" Folk in these here parts procrastinate until they have litterly "missed the boat".

and what's the swat valley all about?

Again, color me astounded! Shocked Where have you been for the past few years? The Swat Valley has been the reported refuge for bin Laden for the past few years... Wink

NCTBA
jdl

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As they say here in the Middle East: "it's not a problem til it's a problem"; meaning it's not a problem til it's a problem for me. The skill is to make your problem someone else's then watch the hurrry up action. Ah politics at its most basic...don't ya love it?

The difference between 'mafi mushkala' and 'mushkala kabeer' is one of perspective.

Last edited by jdl on Tue May 26, 2009 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What they are saying is that this is all too common for Saudi employers. If you read about on this section of the board for a few hours, you will see the problem. That said... the more they lie to you during the hiring process... the more incompetent they are at actually delivering you to the job, the farther away you should run from ever being under their power inside the Kingdom. They can make your getting out a similar experience to your getting in...

Forget them... apply elsewhere.

VS

Last edited by veiledsentiments on Tue May 26, 2009 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: swat valley Reply with quote

Never Ceased To Be Amazed wrote:
Where have you been for the past few years? The Swat Valley has been the reported refuge for bin Laden for the past few years...[/color] Wink

So, if Uncle Sam knew that Bin Laden is hidden in Swat Valley, how come he did not catch him?? Something must be wrong with the revolver of our Cowboy! Laughing
eclectic

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

007---I will answer. Its because Uncle SCAM is full of doggy doo-doo. The whole thing is a money-making Pentagon War Machine fakery.

In reality, 26% of ALL AMERICAN TROOPS now have some mental disorders requiring heavy medications while in combat. Last week an Uncle SCAM marine, aged 21 and just all really full o' fun and video ganes, RAN OUT OF HIS PROZAC, and went and mowed down 5 of his OWN!!!
tillymd

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the pentagon has so much "doo doo" because the average person spends three years of their life on the toilet.

"Physicians should teach nutrition not pharmaceutical addiction"
velsheda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: SRACO info? Reply with quote

I have an interview with SRACO coming up, and I'd like to hear from someone who's actually working for them. On reading this thread, nobody has anything to say that makes me want to work for them. At the moment, I'm inclined not to pursue them.
spunkmonkey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: * Reply with quote

Can anyone offer suggestions for reputable recruiters? I believe that would be more constructive than simply saying, "Do not use so and so..."
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for DIRECT hire with one of the government institutions. Forget these guys who act as go-between. They make more out of these contracts than you do !
TT-Kira

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been approached directly by ARAMCO, London for a Saudi role.

Don't know anything about them. Anyone tell me anything? I presume I'm in a good position if these intermediary recruiters seem to be scam merchants ...

Thanks

Kira
Mia Xanthi

Location: why is my heart still in the Middle East while the rest of me isn't?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've been approached directly by ARAMCO, London for a Saudi role.

Different case entirely. Consider yourself blessed, and proceed full steam ahead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: