Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mannheim - Viernheim IS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
felton

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Mannheim - Viernheim IS Reply with quote

There is an posting for 5-8 grade teachers to teach at an international school in Viernheim. I have never heard of this place and I can't get any info on it. Any ideas?
vanwest3

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived about 15 minutes away from Mannheim in Heidelberg. I found Mannheim to be pretty boring, ugly and uneventful for being such a big city. The city itself is surrounded by a bunch of suburbs and fields. On the plus side, you wouldn't be too far away from Heidelberg, and you would also be a few hours away from K�ln.
felton

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I lived in Mannheim for about a year while attending Uni Mannheim. And yes, I agree it is not the prettiest city in Germany. The Rhine river towns north of there (starting at Worms and ending in Mainz) are very culturally rich, not to mention some great wine. I wish I lived there still!
The question however was if you know of this school. Have you ever heard of it?
whya

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I lived in Mannheim for nearly two years and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Yes it's not the most pretty city but I found it had quite a good vibe and as others have mentioned it makes a great base to see some of the more famous surrounding places.
puhutes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Most of the larger cities in Germany have international schools... I tutor 2 kids going to the international school in Frankfurt. It's just like a normal high school, except they have 50/50 (50% of their classes are in German and the other 50% in English).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: