Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

International Schools (Salary Package) IB World Schools

View previous topic :: View next topic  
olabueno

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: International Schools (Salary Package) IB World Schools Reply with quote

Thank you in advance for those of you who reply.

I'm trying to get a salary range for a teacher at an international school (Manhiem). I have five years exp. , cert., etc.

Also, do most international schools in Germany pay for your flight, relocation expenses, housing?

What else is typical for an international school contract?

-Mike
felton

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know as well. I sent an email 3 or 4 days ago - no response yet.
Caledonian Craig

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well to get to the nitty gritty, a salary can be anything between 32.000� to 38.000� pro year. But then you'll have to factor into consideration taxes and healthcare which will take a substantial proportion of your salary. (ie say a basic 3500 per month, then deductions will be around 1400 or so).

Some schools will provide a 'relocation allowance' which is usually a fixed sum and can cover deposit on a house, or estate agent's fees or so on. And no, they usually in fact pretty much never will include flights- so it's up to you. Why not get more info from the school?

What else is typical from an IS contract? Well, apart from health care, pension contibutions, a decent living salary, what else is there to offer? And with the high volume of people applying, what else do they need to offer as an incentive?
StralsundAmi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: regular school Reply with quote

Your exactly correct with your statement on taxes. I earn approximately 3,600� a month but after taxes, health insurance,etc, etc. the net pay ends up only being about 1,700�. I don�t work in an international school however, I work in a private german high school which pays less than if you work in the public sector. It�s nice to know however that if I ever lose my job I can get unemployment benefits and keep my health insurance. Having all the holiday time and summers off is also nice. Good Luck.
Allie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please tell me what qualifications you need to work in a private high school in Germany?
JN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The qualifications for teaching in a private German high school would interest me, too, although I don't plan on teaching in Germany in the near future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: