Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you know anything about BBC International School?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hayati

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Do you know anything about BBC International School? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am just writing to see if anyone has any information on BBC International School? Good? Bad? Professional? I am particularly interested in feedback in regards to employment with this school but any information would be appreciated.

Basically, I have been contacted for an interview for a teaching position for the school. Of course I could just go, find out their offer (if they're even interested in me), get a feel for the place myself, but basically the problem with that is a) it's so far away (Ismailia Road), so not an easy commute there and back and b) I have to take off time from my current job for the interview (read salary cut).

I heard that the school is pretty reputable, or was in the day, but has since went downhill. I can't find much online, which worries me, and I haven't found any feedback on this incredibly useful site, which also worries me. I'm trying to determine whether or not they pay well? All the effort put forth for an interview will not really be worth if if they have a reputation for treating their staff poorly with crummy pay as I have a decent paying job right now... I'm just miserable with it. I applied for the position after reading a posting on AmCham's website. Months later I was contacted - which makes me think they had trouble finding someone for the position. In addition, I'm not qualified to be a teacher, really. I do have experience with children and the only requirements listed on the website was a Bachelor's degree and a native English speaker. By this criteria I am perfectly qualified, lol.

So, any thoughts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: