Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Samara, Russia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhard E. Jene

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Samara, Russia Reply with quote

I have seen three references to Samara, Russia. One was a negative comment on Samara State University. The other two were positive comments on working in Samara. Two of the three people mentioned the SOROS Spelt program. The third comment made a reference to a previously published comment by this same individual based on living and working conditions in Tyumen, Russia.
Maybe these people, if they are reading this, or if someone knows them, can get these people to update their comments. For it would be nice for an update on this area. Especially for those that might be interested in wanting to go this area and work. Also, reference could be made as to how near it would be to the Chechnya area if people are afraid of the fighting and want to avoid the conflict.

Gary
waxwing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the absence of any other answers, I'll mention that I don't think you should be worried about Chechnya. It's a long way from Samara, much further than here and I never feel worried. If anything, I would be more worried in Moscow (but not in a way that would stop me getting on with my life).
Never been to Samara though, sorry. You could try to contact Kent by PM . Didn't he work in Samara?
Gerhard E. Jene

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Samara, Russia Reply with quote

Kent probably did. I was thinking more of the other people that log in here looking for information. It would be kind of nice if there was an update by those people that left messages like 'Another side of Samara' and "Wonderful SOROS Program in Samara'.
I am curious myself about what has happened since then. As for Chechnya, some people might be reluctant about the area for teaching in case they are in the wrong place at the wrong time attitude.
For me, I was looking more into the eastern edge of the Black Sea in the Krasnodar Kray region.
Time will tell with more information where I might actually head to in regards to teaching with the qualifications that I have. Which at the moment does not include a bachelors' degree.
rogan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: samara update Reply with quote

I think the comments you saw are written by Garry De and Steve Sch - both left Samara long ago.

Garry took off with his Russian wife and worked with the US Embassy in Moscow.
Steve changed schools and also his opinion about the city.

I last hit Samara last summer with my family,
saw my friends,
revisited a lot of places
and headed back home after a couple of weeks

Take a look here for more info.
http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/38c2a/89d99/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: