Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Survey for Grad School: Your help will be so appreciated!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
freshofftheboat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Survey for Grad School: Your help will be so appreciated! Reply with quote

Dear All,

I thank you so much for reading this email. I am an American teacher who will be working in an Egyptian private school in Cairo starting in August. I am also a grad student working towards my MA in TOEFL. Your answers don't have to be long nor scholarly, just the truth (as you see it) is always best!!

Much thanks, Fresh Off the Boat

1) It is not necessary for me to know your name. However, I would like to know a very brief biography of your teaching background, (what you taught overseas and what you taught/teach here in Egypt) and in particular how you came to be teaching in Egypt.
2) Please describe your current teaching context. What kind of school is it? What kind of students attend? What are your duties and responsibilities at the school?
3) Please describe Egypt’s, your school’s, and your students’ views of education. What are their views of learning English?
4) Please describe the classroom behavior of your students. How does their behavior differ from students’ behavior in your home country? How have you had to adapt to their classroom behavior? Items that you might comment on include: study habits, group work, behavior on tasks, etc.
5) Please describe how your teaching behavior may be different than what your students are used to. How have you had to adapt your teaching style to match the expectations of Egyptian culture, of your school, and of your students? How do native teachers of Egypt differ from you in their teaching style?
6) What advice would you give to a foreigner who wants to go to Egypt to teach English?
freshofftheboat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 views and no responses Confused Guys, I don't need Shakespeare. Any responses will do, short and sweet is fine!!!
juliagirl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, the questions are kinda like being at work..... and, i work a lot as it is..... sorry...... I've gotten so much help on this board and feel like I should pay it forward, but I don't wanna feel I'm doing someone's literal homework, I think I speak for many of us....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: