Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CELTA, Oxford Seminars TEFL, or Zune?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickImpy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: CELTA, Oxford Seminars TEFL, or Zune? Reply with quote

The CELTA program closest to my area (NYC) has only one extensive part time that has already been filled! I'm so mad. The next extensive part time is in the spring and that session will be 3, not 2 days a week. CELTA schedules don't exactly have great options for working professionals since they don't do weekend programs and they are minimum of three days a week and all day. How the heck is somebody supposed to support their family and study? So rediculous.

Similarly, I see a TEFL from Oxford Seminars less than 10 min from my house at Rutgers University. That one is two days a week allowing me to arrange my work schedule. Is there anything wrong with that program, or is it simply a popular brand like, Nike, Timberland, CocaCola, etc.?

Or, is it possible that CELTA is to other TEFL's as Zune is to IPOD? In that technically, Zune is a better MP3 player, but it doesn't mean that IPods aren't any good.

I'm hoping somebody out there will make me feel better, but I feel very defeated. Roxana and the kids are leaving in December and I don't want to stay in this country too long without them. Even if I do stay, there is no way I can afford a commute everyday to the city without a job which I will not have.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's aimed and young peopel out of uni who don't have a family. Dno't do Oxford Semaniars.

CELTA; Trinity and SIT are good , but honestly you don't need one for Peru. there is one place that offers TEFL courses in trujillo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Peru All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: