Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working holiday visa for Canadian already in Europe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saren

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Working holiday visa for Canadian already in Europe Reply with quote

Working holiday visa for Canadian already in Europe

I'm a 27 year old Canadian traveling in Europe (non-student). I'm allowed 3 months (in every 6 month period) to remain in Europe (Schengen countries). Since I just arrived, and realized 3 months isn't enough, I am now interested in the working holiday visa for the below listed countries. The only problem I have is: I don't want to return to Canada to apply for these respective programs. I want to apply from here in Europe (at the nearest consulate, embassy, or immigration office) where I happen to be (now, Helsinki).

My question is how likely am I to be accepted since I am not in Canada and applying from within Europe. Also noteworthy, I DON'T have thousands of dollars in my bank account, BUT I do have access to a family credit card "number". The card itself is back in Canada. I use this card number online, or in emergencies. Also, I have a Canadian bank account ATM card with a few hundred dollars in it (more can be deposited at my request if a problem with the application arises). I know some of these programs ask for bank account statements (I wonder if they enforce that rule or just say it)?

Another question I have is which country has the easiest application process or greater chance of accepting applicants. If you have applied to one of these countries as a Canadian, or other national (while already in Europe), please let me know how you proceeded. Thanks

(in order of preference):

Sweden
Denmark
Norway
Latvia

probably harder but worth a try:
Switzerland
Belgium
Holland
Italy
Spain

p.s I am an English teacher, in case you are wondering why I post here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: