Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimmyC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: General Questions Reply with quote

Hay
I'm planning on traveling to Colmbia in the next four weeks. I have been teaching in Korea for the past six months and in thailand for a year and a half before that. I have no degree and just a 28 hour uk tefl course (which i know menas nothing). But i do have the 2 years experience????
will this help?
What type of work can I expect to get?
Whats the cost of living like???
Is there work every where or do i have to stick to the major cities???

All help and suggestions welcome

Cheers
windowlicker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With no degree and no CELTA-equivalent certification, it�ll be hard to find a job that will get you a visa. You shouldn�t have a problem finding a job working under the table at a language institute in Bogot�...don�t know about the other cities. Under the table language institute jobs are easy to find, even if you don�t have experience or certification, but I suppose your experience might make it even easier. Don�t expect to be paid more for your experience though. If I don�t travel, I usually get by on 1,200,000 pesos per month, which is approximately a normal montly salary at an institute if you�re working 15 hours per week.
MrG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take a course in Spanish, if you don't know the lingo. I've heard of people finding jobs under the table, but you may not get paid much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: