Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A good place to work!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crystal23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: A good place to work! Reply with quote

I have just completed my contract with Comunicorp and I have to say that my experience was very positive.
I really enjoyed teaching with them and I have to say that Diane showed me nothing but kindness, even helping me when I needed a place to stay after a very difficult living situation.
There is an abundance of teaching resources at Comunicorp and there is always extra help if your are running short of ideas, I felt comfortable asking for help not only from Diane but from other teachers.
I really enjoyed all my classes and felt I learnt a great deal during my time there.

There also is a lovely new coordinator that is incredibly helpful and fair to all the teachers, always trying to ensure people get an even workload.

There are different kinds of contracts at Comunicorp which did confuse me slightly but even though I was not on a fixed contract I had a good amount of hours and always had a good pay check at the end of the month.

I would also like to mention that the other staff in Comunicorp. namely Monica (the Secretary) and Valentina (the accountant) who were always incredibly helpful and were always at the ready to help with any problem, without them my time there would not have been so smooth.

I believe that I was treated fairly and professionally at all times and that when I asked for special conditions they looked at my situation individually and I appreciated this.

Comunicorp does have a lot of staff and due to this there is always going to be someone who is unhappy.
I think you need to remember that working in a busy city is not easy and that as it is a Business school you have to travel to most of your classes (this part I did not enjoy) but that this is standard practise for any Business school in any city.

All in all I would recommend Comunicorp as a good place to work in Santiago, I met a lot of other teachers working in different schools and I truly believe that I was in a far better situation than them. Anyway to anyone looking to work in Chile it is a fantastic country and I wish you a good adventure and lots of luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: