Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bad cops bad cops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chester

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: bad cops bad cops Reply with quote

I read that the new regime in indonesia is concerned that its police force were not up to international standard. So the plan is to send them for intensive "technical" training and to appoint a new department "head".. Yes. Its official! Indonesias police are being sent to "Springfield" in the USA for their new education. Munching donuts and discharging firearms for fun are top of the list. Also the new boss is to ne non-other than "Chief Wiggam"............doh!
gugelhupf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: ... and stoopid police Reply with quote

My local constabulary are already quite good at pointing firearms - but mercifully, so far, not at discharging them. A very young looking officer greeted me cheerfully on the steps of my bank quite oblivious to the fact that his automatic carbine was waving around merrily in the direction of my midriff. I took comfort from the knowledge that he was probably too stupid to work out how to get the bullets into the magazine.

Apart from that they are usually very cheerful here and don't hassle the bules much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: