Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching Contracts -- Length, etc.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aske

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Teaching Contracts -- Length, etc. Reply with quote

I'm looking to move to Italy around December or January and I'm wondering about schools hiring teachers for for the second part of the year (Jan-May I believe it is). If so, is this a common practice relatively? Will it be much harder to find a job for only half the school year?
Shana Martz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on what you're looking for and if you have EU citizenship or not.

If you want to teach English in Italy, you need a contract to ensure your compensation. There are teaching contracts offered in the public schools which are backed by European funds- and they mainly run from January through June.

It's a good option if you want a solid contract and have an EU passport. Otherwise, you might find work with a private language school starting its second semester with new students.
dackinator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be places looking for people, I joined a school in January this year just for six months. You have people who leave at christmas for whatever reason, and schools looking to start more courses. Late november start of december you'll see schools start advertising.

In a way its easier, since there are less teachers looking for work, so perhaps you will have less competition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: