Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scaremongering about Egypt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markinson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Scaremongering about Egypt Reply with quote

Having read the reveiws of Egypt by Al - Waystrn and Janice I really feel I have to jump to the defence of Egypt. Al- Waystrn is absolutely right, working in Egypt is completey safe. I have been in and around Egypt for a few years and have never had the problems that Janice is describing. It leads me to ask what exactly she was doing to make Egyptians, who are normally extremely polite, act in this way. (Especially away from the major tourist attractions, which are always full of questionable types regardless of the country you visit).
Egypt is one of the safest countries you could possibly hope to live in. You can go wondering around the streets at all hours and feel completely safe. Janice's opinions about the instability of the government have proved (if they ever needed proving) completely unfounded. During the war there was never any threat to the, admittedly, unpopular government or any westerners (provided you weren't stupid enough to walk around with an 'I love George Bush' t shirt).
I think it's about time Janice's outdated article about Egypt was 'unstuck' and something reflecting the experience of the EFL teachers living here was put in it's place.
coolincairo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Unstick the sticky! Reply with quote

Here! Here!
Markinson is right. Dave should 86 that negative Sticky posting about Egypt. It's simply not true.
Egypt and Egyptians are terrific.
Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: