Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

University of Liberec

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mariana

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: University of Liberec Reply with quote

I've just seen an ad for a job at Uni Liberec, and the requirements apparently are only "minimum BA and some experience." Is this at all usual in Czech universities, or does this sound somewhat fishy?
I've got more qualifications than they're asking for, (well, I will do in May!) and I'm thinking of applying, but I'm a tad suspicious. It's a university after all. Confused
Yrs
Mariana.
bnix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Go for It Reply with quote

They probably just want a native speaker.If you are interested in teaching in Czech,go for it.Of course,I suppose you know you will not make much money in Czech(suggest you take a look at the Job Journal Forum on Dave's for many relevant comments on The Czech Republic).Also,like many posters on the Job Journals Forum state,getting the necessary paperwork to teach in Czech is very"challenging".It can be difficult,but when I taught in Plzen at Zapadoceska Univerzita(University of West Bohemia),they let me teach while I was getting the paperwork done.They would probably let you do that in Liberec,too.

If you are interested in teaching in Czech,and would not be bothered by the low pay and paperwork,why not go for it? It is a great country.Liberec is in northern Bohemia,not too far from the German border.It is an interesting city.Best of luck. Smile
Mariana

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bnix! Very Happy
It's a relief to know that it's probably not a dodgy offer! I've worked in the Czech Rep before, but only in summer camps (Zaton, Zacler and Prague), so I'm aware of the low pay and the bureaucracy, but I had such a good time that I'd love to go back for a longer period of time! I'll go for it. It can't hurt! Smile
Yrs
Mariana.
Albulbul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: liberec Reply with quote

Mariana

If you make it to the Univ of Liberec let us knoiw how it is, but popst on the Job Information Journal. That is more permanent than this evanescent location. I passed through Liberec in the summer and thought it looked interetsing. Quiet.
Mariana

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okrydoke, will do! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: