Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sekolah High Scope Indonesia TB Simatupang
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LinkH

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rayman"]CITOS (Cilandak Town Square) would be the closest mall, almost directly across the road. You could get a kost in Cilandak and then also be close to Kemang.[/quote]

Is that a real mall now, or is it still just a 'food mall.' They had a grocery store, a 21 movie theater, and dozens and dozens of restaurants the last time I went there, but that was several years ago.

If memory serves me right, there is some kind of big mall on the right across the street when you turn to go toward Pondok Indah Mall, too. Pondok Indah had a Sizzler and a nice little food court with a Japanese grill offering food at a reasonable price, but I think they were shutting down the food court when I was there. They had a Popeye's, overpriced for the local market, but they sold southern style biscuits, micro-biscuits, but biscuits nonetheless.
carnage_of_death

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello LinkH Yes, it is across from Citos mall. You can find a kost but they are expensive in the area. I rented a small house for 2500 for the year. The cost was 400 a month being married with two kids in a small place. Tangerine is better but again you need to have all the money up front to get into a nice place. Technically since they have WASC accreditation part of the issue is them working to help you find a place to live.

If you continue down the road from the school you will find a couple of shopping areas a carefour and a building with lots of small shops. The area is not bad to live in, but the school is just not one that you would want to work at unless your facing working at an English first and working there. It is tolerable to that degree. However, if you have BA or higher degree with teacher certification there are many better options to teach at in Jakarta.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: