Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guangzhou World Educational & Cultural Service,good or b

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
China Tesol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Guangzhou World Educational & Cultural Service,good or b Reply with quote

A friend of mine get an offer from Guangzhou World Educational & Cultural Service,I never heard of this company, is it good or bad?
seagull

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much info about them at all on this forum. I recently received an e-mail from them. They are a placement agency for all types of schools in Guangzhou and Dongguan. It seems that they dictate your working conditions (salary and working hours) rather than the individual schools though, which I thought it strange.
liketotravel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This school is very BAD.....

I know of 3 people from Oxford who came to this school to teach. All different races and different backgrounds. Once they arrived, school didn't pay for anything, not even hotels or visa fee and did not refund. They were all rejected. One lawyer because they thought he was over qualified. They could have told him that in the states. One Vietnamese, hair was ear length and he wouldn't cut it and another black guy whose hair was too long and did not cut it.

Once they arrived, the contract negotiated over the internet was reduced less than half. Be careful if you want to teach here.
articulateape

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my experience a company calling itself "Start Consulting" and "China Teach English" recruit for this place. They are equally unprofessional and I advise not to seek work through them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: