Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thinking About Getting Out!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whateva!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Thinking About Getting Out! Reply with quote

i am an american in s.korea and am starting to get a little nervous... don't want to go home, but need to keep my options open... anyway, i have an education degree, been here for 6 months teaching. i am wondering if anyone has any input on what would be the best country (as far as availiability for an american with no TEFL certification) for me to get a job. i would love to go to spain or prauge, but i know that jobs with no certification are hard to come by. anyway, any imput on where my best bets are would be appreciated! Smile i'm open to going just about anywhere!
Shonai Ben

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest coming to Japan.You have an Education degree so I
think you could easily get a job with any eikaiwa here.This webpage offers
many jobs daily.
I am curious though as to your reasons for not staying in South Korea.
Are you concerned about North Korea?Or is there another reason?
Cheers bud. Cool
bnix

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Yeah,Shonai's Right.... Reply with quote

I am just curious.Are you nervous because of all that sabre-rattling "Dear Leader" is doing up there?(I am in Korea right now,too.)If that is the reason,I understand,although I have not reached the point of leaving...not yet...anyway.If you have another reason...like a bad employer...I understand that one,too.

Shonai's suggestion is a good one. Japan is close.You will make money there.You will NOT make money in Czech(Prague).I have worked there,too.Spain is already EU and you would have a difficult time working legally there.Either Spain or Czech...you would wind up paying your own airfare there,anyway.Japan is much closer ,of course.It makes much better sense for you to go to some place closer where you can make money.Best of luck.I understand where you are coming from. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: