Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Job Training Institute, Melbourne

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Popsock

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Job Training Institute, Melbourne Reply with quote

Has anyone here either heard of/about this place or has any experience of working with them? I've been sent a job offer (or rather the offer of a job offer), but my suspicions and doubts are raised due to the sheer number of English language errors in both the offer and their website. Confused Or maybe I'm just being pedantic. Laughing

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
bje

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Australian EFL institutes are not known to 'send out job offers', and nor have I heard of the organisation you mention. The Melbourne address given is very suburban, for what it's worth- it may well exist, but you may not want to work there!
Popsock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the job offer bit is, well, odd. Basically they've sent me the details of the VIC ESL Cert.I strategy/requirements and then asked how much time would it take me to design a syllabus and the accompanying resources. The answer to that question is "I don't know" as it really depends whether the design would be done as part of a team or individually, and what resources would be at my disposal, etc etc. I'll write to them in order to try and get answers to these queries and take it from there, I think. Sounds to me as if they'll hire the person who quotes them the shortest period of time, but... Question
bje

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a bit weird...I assume you're not in Melbourne or you could pay them a visit. To me the address doesn't sound at all desirable, at the outset. Where did they advertise?
aussie indigo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are in a reputable suburban location that has many Chinese residents.
I live about 20 minutes from there - let me know if you want me to check them out for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: