Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings from Buenos Aires

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sabine11

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Greetings from Buenos Aires Reply with quote

Hi there;

I've been in B.A. for 3 years now and I am thinking of moving on to Europe next year.. I am doing the CELTA certification some time this year to spruce up my certification..

Is it that difficult to get a job in Prague??
I was told roughly the same thing before coming to Argentina, but once there the scenario was totally different.. Or maybe it fluctuates as people leave the country and new teachers arrive??

I speak French and Spanish fluently, any possibilities teaching other languages in Prague?

Just curious, thanks for the posts they are very helpful..
Un abrazo, Sabine
mr tree

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

other languages will certainly be useful Smile

i think it is a fluctuating market, and certainly now is a pretty bad time. it's difficult to know how it'll be in a year's time. i heard there was a newspaper report citing that the language school industry here had lost 20-40% of its past business in the past year, does anyone know the link to the article?
Guinea Pig

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Czech News Report Reply with quote

This is the link for the news report about the the decrease in revenues but note that the figure is for the whole of the Czech Republic. I haven't heard any comments from students about a decrease in their invoices and I don't know if schools are absorbing the VAT increase by reducing the NET rates.

http://www.ceskenoviny.cz/zpravy/experti-jazykovym-skolam-klesl-kvuli-krizi-obrat-o-20-40-/416944

If you post the link into google then it can translate the page, sort of Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: