Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canadakid22002

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Interviews Reply with quote

I am heading down to San Jose shortly to find a job; I am a 22 year old male. What am I expected to wear at an interview? I feel like an all out suit is way too much and may attract negative attention. Is a tie necessary?
Also, anyone know typical questions asked in an interview?
jprimm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest a nice shirt and tie with slacks. I think it is probably better to over dress just to be safe. You could also ask..I have done that before. Good Luck.
valentine1116

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a tie is a good touch. I occasionally interview people at my school and I have seen people show up in jeans which is definitely not acceptable.
Tantris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A shirt and tie with some smart casual trousers will be enough. You won't need a suit.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dress smart and make a good impression...can never go wrong there.

Here is an example interview and demo class plan you should expect to see as part of an interview process. A Costa Rican school sent this to me a while back.

http://www.innovative-english.com/what_to_expect.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
zeddiez

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of teachers think they are coming down to party and that is the atmosphere for teaching English in Costa Rica. They are so wrong! LOL Look at it this way... you are teaching Business English to Business men and women. What would you wear? If it's jeans, T-shirt and sandals, don't come down to Costa Rica!

It shows why a lot of schools/companies here do not here 22 year old people. They have no idea about business and business etiquette.
Mel Lisa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeddiez wrote:
A lot of teachers think they are coming down to party and that is the atmosphere for teaching English in Costa Rica. They are so wrong! LOL Look at it this way... you are teaching Business English to Business men and women. What would you wear? If it's jeans, T-shirt and sandals, don't come down to Costa Rica!

It shows why a lot of schools/companies here do not here 22 year old people. They have no idea about business and business etiquette.

@Zeddiez: Don't be like that. Just because one may be 22 or so years old doesn't mean that one cannot be mature. I do not for a moment believe that a school would discriminate on the basis of age, and if one did, then who would want to teach there anyway?

A shirt and tie, slacks and a pair of dress shoes should be adequate for any teaching job interview. Go for it, guy and good luck. Let not your age be a deterrent. I received my teaching degree and my first teaching job at 22.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: