Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EFL Teaching in Auckland? Opportunities?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: EFL Teaching in Auckland? Opportunities? Reply with quote

I am a qualified primary school teacher from Ireland. I also am a qualified EFL teacher who has taught in Asia, Europe and here at home. I am relocating to Auckland for a few months. I have decided not to register as a primary school teacher as the registration fees are very expensive and I will only be there for about 3 months.
My aim now is to try and get an EFL job.
My question is- how feasible is it to secure such a job in Auckland at the moment?
Any advice very welcome
Thanks for taking the time to read my post
mmcmorrow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the right to work in NZ (eg working holiday visa etc), then it's certainly feasible. You could contact the schools directly in advance .. try Eurocentres, Kaplan, Crown, GEOS etc .... more info about the general scene in NZ here

Martin McMorrow, Auckland, NZ
antain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much Mairtin for those.
I have contacted and emailed some language schools in the area and hope to meet with some upon arrival.
Would you have any other advice or things I should know before I arrive in Auckland?
Really excited about it at this stage
mmcmorrow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing special to add to what I put in the other posting. I did meet up with the Principal of Kaplan the other day and she's looking to recruit teachers, as they are bursting at the seams.

You might want to bring some Irish stuff with you - always useful and particularly given that St Patrick's Day is coming up .. with all its lesson potential ... you could put together some photos of your town, your house, your family, your dog, cultural events etc .. possibly upload a collection to flickr.com that you can use / download etc at any time. Apart from photos, some cultural objects are also quite good for classroom use .. especially to get students asking questions .. then you could also put together a folder of songs you could use ..

Cead mile Faillte and all that ...

Martin

Last edited by mmcmorrow on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
antain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the reply Martin. I've sent an email and CV in that direction, so its in the laps of the Gods now!
I've resources coming out my ears with St. Patricks Day-esp teaching the younger children here in Ireland.
Thanks again for your work and possible leads Martin
Much appreciated!

Rath D� ort!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: