Joined: 25 Jan 2003
Location: Sunny Sanxia
|Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:58 pm Post subject: Interview tips for the interview-challenged
|The following are interview tips for the interview-challenged. Some of these seem like no-brainers to the more experienced employed gainfully types, but as I have seen some people just don't get it.
1. Come to the interview on time
2. Come to the interview sober and not on any drugs
3. Dress decently, No shorts, t-shirts, jeans with holes, a bra that everyone can see. Try slacks and a button down or polo shirt.
4. SMILE DURING THE DEMO!!!!!!!!!!
5. Talk slowly, use those people skills they talk about so much in business
6. Have a plan for the demo
7. Don't yell at the kids during a demo
8. Don't have outragious demands(i.e. if you just arrived in Taiwan with your brand new BA and no-teaching experience asking for 700/hr and 2 weeks paid vacation is a bit much)
My Kindy will be hiring this month so I hope this helps at least one person. I don't want my class to go through 10-15 bad demos again. My Kindy has been burned twice on bad teachers in the last 8 months.