Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many hours can teachers work per Bundesland??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gmjones

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: How many hours can teachers work per Bundesland?? Reply with quote

Hi,

Like most English teachers in Germany these days, I'm enjoying the stresses of being a freelance teacher. I'm currently working 8 hours in one Bundesland, and 8 in the other, across the river.

My question for you all is if the 8 hours max (before the employer has to pay social security etc) applies to the organisation you do the work with, or the ministry of education in the Bundesland paying you. I teach in 2 different universities, one in each Bundesland, and its the Ministry that pays. I'd like to apply for freelance work in another uni in the same Bundesland, but don't know whether this is going to stop me....

Any advice would be great!

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: