Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dusseldorf/Essen/Koln/Wuppertal/Bochum/Bonn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carolynne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Dusseldorf/Essen/Koln/Wuppertal/Bochum/Bonn Reply with quote

So, due to personal reasons I am moving to Wuppertal and need to find ESL work. I have just short of three years experience and a year of investment/marketing experience. I know the job market is currently pants, but to be honest it's possibly even more rubbish in the UK! Ideally, I'd like a part-time job initially so I can learn German (high priority as the move is permanent). I have no idea about the health insurance system (have read loads on this forum but still haven't quite grasped it).

So if someone could:
1. Recommend schools in any of the above locations that you have experience of (or know someone how has had).
2. Suggest sites I can look for schools .
3. Give advice on dress if I decide to do a personal visit. I'm guessing conservative/business but that can mean many things. Are trousers for women acceptable?
4. Give a brief outline of the health insurance thing and if it's different depending on hours etc.

I would be much obliged. Don't have to earn a fortune but I'd like to earn enough to cover basic expenses. (Oh, any idea how much the basic expenses come to? Rent is sorted so I'm just wondering about food, electricity etc.)

Thanks in advance, Carol
escuto

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, every working person in Germany is required to have a basic health insurance from a German provider, which for a free lancer means a private insurance. EU passport holders can usually evade this because they don't have to apply for any kind of work/living permit and therefore don't need to show any proof of such an insurance.

Best way to find language schools in your area would probably be to grab a phone book as I don't think there are any good websites with a listing of all the schools. As for Wuppertal it seems these guys are looking for someone
carolynne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Escuto - thanks! Just had an interview in Dusseldorf and I'll be calling "those guys" as soon as. Do you know anyone who works there? Good/bad experiences?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: