Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CELTA corse at Palermo IH .

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vastedda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: CELTA corse at Palermo IH . Reply with quote

Hello, everybody! I am a 57yr. old Italian-American man currently living in Sicily. I am considering taking a CELTA course at the International House school in Palermo. I have heard that the IH schools have a pretty good rep, but as a franchise, standards may vary from country to country. Anyone have any info on the Palermo IH? I do not have a degree, but did complete 2 years at an American university, if that' worth anything. I have done some private and institute teaching here-the institutes were happy to have a "madre-lingua" who worked "al nero." The IH recruiter said my age and lack of degree, should not be a problem for basic institute jobs in Italy and some countries like Spain or( I have US & EU citizenship) Latin-America. Does that sound realistic? She also said that though it takes 3 months to actually give you the CELTA cert. after the course is completed, I could actually start to look for work without the actual certificate since the prospective employer could e-mail IH to see that I passed the course. Anybody have any in-put? Thanks.
spiral78

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know this particular institution, but their prognosis of your job prospects sounds realistic. And ultimately, a CELTA is a CELTA - the qualit of the exact location that issues it matters only to the student.
vastedda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,spiral78.Your opinion is reassuring and most welcome.
doner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

57, no degree, no EU member passport and little relevant experience-such optimism. The IH trainer sounds really positive.
spiral78

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP does have an EU passport.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: