Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summer programs in Toronto

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General North America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiojoBlanco

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Summer programs in Toronto Reply with quote

Sorry if this isn't job-related, but this seemed like a good place to get some info...

I teach in Mexico and I have a student who wants to attend a summer ESL program in Toronto. He's been asking me to recommend a program, but unfortunately I don't know anything about programs in TO. If any of you teach in or know of a good summer program there, would you please let me know with a link to a website? Thanks a bunch.

-PB
Evaing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Summer Language Program in Toronto Reply with quote

George Brown College, located in downtown Toronto, has a Summer Language program that runs for the months of July and August. Students study English (Speaking, Listening, Pronunciation, Writing) in the mornings, and take part in activities in the afternoons--such as field trips to nearby attractions, a movie every week, etc. There's always a great mix of students from all over the world. As a result, students improve their level of spoken English very quickly and have fun at the same time! Homestay is available. Check out George Brown College's website for more details.
www.gbrownc.on.ca/interntl/summer.htm
Evaing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Summer Programs in Toronto Reply with quote

Hi, PB

If the link does not work, just go to the site for George Brown College in Toronto and look up Summer Language Program. (It's part of International Education.)

I was one of the teachers in this program several summers ago. Your student could contact the school directly with specific questions about the program.
Dominique

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Home participated in the HomeStay Program for this school.
I met a lot of really cool people from around the world.
I recommend it as well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General North America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: