Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice about tax declaration?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gmjones

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Advice about tax declaration? Reply with quote

Hi,

I undertand from my tax consultant that as a freelancer I don't need to fill in a complicated Steuererkl�rung form like most normal professions, that I can just complete a profit and loss account and send that to the tax office. He did this last year and it cost me 300 euros... does anyone know how easy it is to do this yourself? And any tips for doing it (e.g. where to get forms, programmes that might help?)

Any advice greatly appreciated!!!!

Gabrielle
puhutes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gabrielle,
I was quite lucky as always having access to a free tax consultant. I did do my first years taxes by myself using the Elster program provided by the tax office. I only gave my finished results to the tax consultant to check them over and he said they were ok. As long as you can gather all of your payment slips and any invoices or receipts for things you've bought (office material, gas, books, etc) The Elster program was very easy to use once you know which form you need to fill out. I just did a search for "selbst�ndig formular" Before 2008 it was called E�R and since 2008 you should use the G form. Also, you don't need to pay any taxes if you've earned less than 17,000�, but you still need to fill out and file the tax form.
LG Jennifer
gmjones

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jennifer,

Do you mean 17,000 after your expenses? Or after the various social seurity contributions? Or 17,000 income in total before deductions? Makes a big difference in my case... I was told by one tax consultant that all they need from me at the tax office is a profit and loss sheet, but my very experienced boss says that she always used to complete a normal Steuererklaerung form... is she right? Really appreciate your comments!!

Gabrielle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: