Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toulouse

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brucetodd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:45 am    Post subject: Toulouse Reply with quote

Like the author of another topic in this forum, I too am a 50-odd year old new-to-teaching explorer. I've just finished the CELTA in London and also have done some voluntary teaching of teenagers in rural France. I wonder if anyone has experience of language schools in the Toulouse/Agen area? Any thoughts most welcome Exclamation
johnno

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Toulouse and the south... Reply with quote

Hi all,

Can't exactly help there Bruce, as I'm looking for a bit of knowledge of this area generally as well. Anyhow, wanted to formerly say "Hi."

I've been working in Madrid as an English teacher for just over two years and I've decided to move to France due to many reasons, but the pressure is on - got to be there as soon as possible. I'm looking for general advice I suppose. But I've learned quite a bit already from reading the posts. I'm used to finding work and "fitting in" where necessary and I usually just go to the country and try my luck even if it is a bit terrifying at times, it's also wonderfully exciting.

I was thinking of Toulouse or Bordeaux as a possibilities. Any opinions or tips on Bordeaux? How have people found the French to be in this part of France? Friendly? Indifferent? I'll probably just pack my bags and go in the end , but any cushioning wouold be gratefully received.

BTW feel free to check out my websites if anyones interested.

Jonathan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: